PROCEDURES TO FINDING A GREAT LIFE PARTNER BY MUOMA VALENTINE CHIBUEZE.
Marriage as we all know is the union between man and a woman to become husband and wife.
Most persons jump into marriage due to:
A. Peer pressure: they feel all their friends are getting married so they cannot be left behind
B. Family pressure: Nwakaego my son I need to see my grandchildren so you must marry my friends daughter Mgbeke
C. Money: As a smart girl I have to accept Obi proposal, he is a big boy at onitsha and I cannot allow this once in a lifetime opportunity of marrying a billionaire pass me by like that. "I be smart babe na I no be mugu"
D. Age: I would be 35 years by January and yet no husband. Is like I would consider Alhaji Bello's marriage proposal I don't mind being his fourth wife
E. Infatuation / urge for sex: Nna body no be firewood oh, I need a pretty damsel as a wife at least make I use am keep body and soul together.
F. Just to have kids: chai, Mama Ada a lady am 10 years older than urged that mannerless ape she calls a daugher to insult me. Infact I must get married this month if possible tomorrow.
G. The feeling they have made money and must marry immediately
H. To fulfill all righteousness: meeting their target of getting married before the end of a given period
As a man there are certain procedures that should be followed in order to find your soulmate.
These are my suggested steps that can help you find the love of your life:
1. Acquire formal education and technical skills, develop your intellect
2. Accumulation of wealth: Gather enough money that can sustain both yourself, wife, and children
3. Start preparing yourself for marriage physically, emotionally, psychologically, etc. Start adjusting your lifestyle from that of a bachelor to a family man ( most people take this for granted)
4. Then you can start looking for your soulmate. Start by being close friends
5. Tell her everything about your past, your likes, dislikes, religious beliefs, tradition, while she does same
6. Conduct a thorough research and find out the culture of the village she is coming from and how they behave. (Your family members can help you with that)
7. Meet with her family (parents) while she meets yours. After studying them rigorously If you don't flow well with them after sometime then you can consider ending the relationship (you don't just marry a lady you also marry her family as well)
8. After running your own compatibility tests, ensure you also go for medical tests ie Genotype, STD tests(HIV, etc)
9. After passing through these processes then you can propose to her
10. Discuss with her on how you want to both of you to live as husband and wife (your expectations) while she does same.
11. Seek God's guidance, approval and direction on how to go about your marriage
12. Marriage proper: Traditional and white wedding.
MY EULOGY TO AN EPITOME OF EXCELLENCE BY MUOMA VALENTINE CHIBUEZE.
Achebe, A true leader
Whose utterances were truth bound
Counteracted racism and oppression
Fought to elevate his people from mental slavery
Unlike some eccentric leaders
Corrupt masters of the economy
Pursuing their selfish desires
Achebe, the literary icon
Who showcased our rich cultural heritage to the world
A true son of ogidi
Who took pride in his cultural values
Used his write-ups to promote Igbo culture
Achebe, the pride of African literature
Who proved "the pen is mightier than the sword"
Whose impact motivates the youths to acquire formal education
Thereby reducing the Nation's level of illiteracy
And the prestige of our educational sector
Achebe, the literary prophet
Through his fourth novel in 1966
Depicted political instability and corruption
Which resonates with contemporary Nigerian reality
Achebe, the protest writer cum activist
Who portrayed African writers as protest writers
Counteracting the ills of the society through write-ups
Spurring the strive against insecurity, assault, corruption and other vices in the society
In a bid to restore the dignity of an average Nigerian.
Oh! How we yarn for another literary icon
A man of the people
With divine inspiration
Who would go further to fight corruption and insecurity to a standstill
Salvage us from the scourges of neo- colonialism
Foster international relations
Promote peace and unite the nation
Restructure our Nation for good.
The Grace of God
Divinely it flows
Securing victory for the mortal
Reinvigorating the weary
Resuscitating the dehydrated
A fountain source of solace
That unites the broken fabrics
And enblisses the earth with peace
Propelling men to greatness
Though in diverse echelons
It serves both the righteous and the unrighteous
Working alike as love in radiation
Being the source of our existence
It loathes boast
And tolerates not pride
It is the Grace of God
And only by the Grace of God
It is by Grace
ABOUT THE POET:
Muoma Valentine Chibueze is currently a student of Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra state. Nigeria. He is a poet, essayist and motivational speaker.
AN UNPALATABLE PANDEMIC HITS HUMANITY
BY MUOMA VALENTINE CHIBUEZE
An unpalatable pandemic hits humanity,
Ravaging nations of the world
Has succeeded in holding us apart
in the name of social distance
Isolation, quarantine, lockdown, sickness, fear, panic, hunger has become the order of the day
Those who are sick now fear going to the hospital
For fear of being suspected of COVID-19
Even those with the virus are scared of opening up
For fear of being segregated
Thereby infecting others
Increasing the spread the virus.
The pandemic has become a throb in our neck
Its tremulous beats wake trenchant
Its stings becoming catastrophic to the well-being of the nation
The number of cases keep raising daily and has become a plethora
The social media has become agents of adulterated news
Bringing forth absurd means of combating the virus
Propagating outrageous number of cases
Creating panic, fear and chaos in the land.
Observing safety tips is the only panacea to contending the virus
Anything contrary exacerbates the pandemic
Continuous public health enlightenment Should be accessible to everyone.
Corrections of fallacies on the spread of the virus
Is our collective responsibility
Looking out for one another is imperative
With all these measures on ground
We can successfully overcome this unpalatable pandemic.
ABOUT THE POET
Muoma Valentine Chibueze is a poet, essayist and motivational speaker. He is currently a student of Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka.