PROCEDURES TO FINDING A GREAT LIFE PARTNER BY MUOMA VALENTINE CHIBUEZE.
Marriage as we all know is the union between man and a woman to become husband and wife.
Most persons jump into marriage due to:
A. Peer pressure: they feel all their friends are getting married so they cannot be left behind
B. Family pressure: Nwakaego my son I need to see my grandchildren so you must marry my friends daughter Mgbeke
C. Money: As a smart girl I have to accept Obi proposal, he is a big boy at onitsha and I cannot allow this once in a lifetime opportunity of marrying a billionaire pass me by like that. "I be smart babe na I no be mugu"
D. Age: I would be 35 years by January and yet no husband. Is like I would consider Alhaji Bello's marriage proposal I don't mind being his fourth wife
E. Infatuation / urge for sex: Nna body no be firewood oh, I need a pretty damsel as a wife at least make I use am keep body and soul together.
F. Just to have kids: chai, Mama Ada a lady am 10 years older than urged that mannerless ape she calls a daugher to insult me. Infact I must get married this month if possible tomorrow.
G. The feeling they have made money and must marry immediately
H. To fulfill all righteousness: meeting their target of getting married before the end of a given period
As a man there are certain procedures that should be followed in order to find your soulmate.
These are my suggested steps that can help you find the love of your life:
1. Acquire formal education and technical skills, develop your intellect
2. Accumulation of wealth: Gather enough money that can sustain both yourself, wife, and children
3. Start preparing yourself for marriage physically, emotionally, psychologically, etc. Start adjusting your lifestyle from that of a bachelor to a family man ( most people take this for granted)
4. Then you can start looking for your soulmate. Start by being close friends
5. Tell her everything about your past, your likes, dislikes, religious beliefs, tradition, while she does same
6. Conduct a thorough research and find out the culture of the village she is coming from and how they behave. (Your family members can help you with that)
7. Meet with her family (parents) while she meets yours. After studying them rigorously If you don't flow well with them after sometime then you can consider ending the relationship (you don't just marry a lady you also marry her family as well)
8. After running your own compatibility tests, ensure you also go for medical tests ie Genotype, STD tests(HIV, etc)
9. After passing through these processes then you can propose to her
10. Discuss with her on how you want to both of you to live as husband and wife (your expectations) while she does same.
11. Seek God's guidance, approval and direction on how to go about your marriage
12. Marriage proper: Traditional and white wedding.